St Bartholemew’s, Loweswater

A place of worship since 1125, a Chapel of Ease linked to St Bees Priory. The site of the present day was that of a small plain “Lakeland Chapel” consecrated by the Bishop of Chester in 1829. The chapel was extensively enlarged and refurbished in 1884 when the population was expected to increase due to discovery of a lead vein running through the valley.


Details of services can be found in the Local Events diary here.

Loweswater with Buttermere Parochial Church Council

Church Wardens:
Mrs Barbara Robinson (01900 85234)
Mrs Eleanor Ella (01900 821180)

Other PCC Members:
Mrs Ann Beebe (01900 824260)
Jan Collins-Webb (01900 85609)
Miss Betty Coulthard (01900 85386)
Mr Alan Gane (01946 832083)
Mrs Juliet Gane (01946 832083)
Mrs Ann Hayton (01900 85606)
Mrs Ann Kyle (01768 770222)
Mrs Margie Mawson (01900 861044)
Mrs Lorna Meadley (01946 861570)
Mr Hugo Thomson(Treas) (01900 85883)
Dr David Robinson (Secretary) (01900 85234)
Revd. Sandra Ward (01900 85237)

Safeguarding.  The Church of England’s general guidelines can be found here.  The safeguarding policy for St Bartholemew’s can be read here.