The building used as Loweswater Village Hall was built in 1839 by John Marshall, MP and Lord of the Manor, as the local school, but started its life as the village hall in 1956. It is regularly used by local groups such as the 77 Club for meetings, the Vale of Lorton Community First Responders for training sessions, Loweswater Summer Fete, Derwent Scottish Country Dance Club‘s annual summer dance, etc. It is situated near the Kirkstile Inn and Loweswater Church about 1 mile from the lake at Loweswater. Enquiries about booking the hall should be made to 01900 85718 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The two pictures below were taken at the official unveiling of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Plaque on 27 May 2012.
A brief history of the hall can be found here: